Find Your Voice | Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers
Join Wonder Yoga Studio owners and yoga teachers Nicole Siegel and Allison Jones on a six month journey to refine your teaching skills. Gain experience and confidence with like-minded yoga teachers who want to grow and become better at their craft. Practice teaching, learn techniques to design inspiring classes and become a pro at building your yoga business. Immerse yourself in a program designed to support you in a competitive market and help you stand out in the crowd. This program includes 6 modules and 2 workshops, a free membership to Wonder Yoga for the duration of the program and 2 private coaching sessions. Participants in the program will have the opportunity to rotate teaching an ongoing community class at Wonder Yoga Studio in Arlington as well as assist and observe classes.
♥♥Included in the program, you may attend any 2 workshops of your choice at Wonder between April – September 2018.♥♥
Program participant requirement: completion of a 200 hour yoga teacher training program or similar experience level.
Schedule of events and module descriptions:
Saturday, April 7th 12:30-3:30pm
Refine & Align Your Teaching: Verbal Cues, Body Language, Your Presence in the Room
Saturday, May 12th 12:30-3:30pm
The Art of Assisting
Saturday, June 2nd 12:30-3:30pm
Sequences, Themes for Classes & Creating Workshops
Saturday, July 14th 12:30-3:30pm
Building Your Yoga Business – Marketing & Sales 101
Saturday, August 11th 12:30-3:30pm
Finding Your Niche
Saturday, September 8th 12:30-3:30pm
Modifications, Private Lessons & Teaching to a Diverse Group
- Ongoing community classes will be on Sundays 11:30-12:30pm at Wonder Yoga.
- Each participant will have 2 coaching sessions during the 6 month program with either Nicole or Allison.
- Monthly homework assignments include assigned reading and a short quiz.
- You’ll have access to Allison & Nicole throughout the program for ongoing support and feedback.
- Free Membership at Wonder Yoga Studio for the duration of the program.
- Investment: $1400 or 6 payments of $300 (total $1800) non-refundable and non-transferable.
This program will provide you a minimum of 25 contact hours to submit to Yoga Alliance for Continuing Education credit. In addition, you’ll be offered a minimum of 20 non-contact hours.
Missed modules may be made up by attending additional workshops, private sessions with Nicole + Allison, and by attending module make up sessions that will be scheduled in the fall.
∴If you’d like to sign up and register, please email us some basic information about your yoga background and why you’d like to participate in this program. For inquiries, please email email@example.com.∴
All modules and workshops will be held at Wonder Yoga in Arlington, MA at 1305 Massachusetts Ave. There is a parking lot that can be used next to Penzeys Spice. There is also free parking on Mass Ave or along any of the side streets.
Required Reading List:
- Teaching People Not Poses by Jay Fields
- The Art & Business of Teaching Yoga by Amy Ippoliti
- Yoga Adjustments by Mark Stephens
- Yoga Sequencing by Mark Stephens
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- The Energy of Money by Maria Nemeth
- Money a Love Story by Kate Northrup
- Stretched: Build Your Yoga Business, Grow Your Teaching Techniques by Karen Fabian
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates
- Fierce Medicine by Ana Forest
- Do Your Om Thing by Rebecca Pacheco
- Eastern Mind, Western Body by Anodea Judith