Take your practice and teaching to the next level with Wonder Yoga’s 300-hour teacher training program, an advanced teacher training that provides additional tools to add to your teaching repertoire. The 300-hour TT includes a wide range of topics and modules to help you become a teacher with a vast array of knowledge, skills, and hands-on experience that translates to more effective classes, workshops and private lessons, and helping you to make an even bigger impact in your clients’ and students’ lives.
Wonder Yoga’s 300-hour TT program is perfect for those who don’t want to teach yoga, but want to dive deeper into their knowledge and experience of yoga’s 8 limbs, different styles of yoga, svadhyaya (self-study), and personal growth.
This program blends 165 live hours, pre-recorded videos, two weekly in-person classes with any of the instructors in our training, teaching community classes, creating a workshop or series of your own, and roughly 30 hours of homework.
Wonder Yoga’s 300-hour TT program is certified by Yoga Alliance and comprises 270 contact hours. Below are unique features to this program:
- In order to create a personalized experience for students, the incoming class of yogis is limited to four students.
- Direct supervision and mentorship with a senior teacher.
- Opportunities to shadow a weekly class, teach community classes, and assist classes at our studio throughout the year.
- Opportunities to develop your own workshop or series that will be run through Wonder Yoga.
- Students will be encouraged to maintain a regular yoga practice by attending a minimum of 2 classes per week as it is our believe that it is vital to keep up your own yoga practice while taking the teacher training and also afterwards if you’re teaching yoga.
- Practicing yoga is essential for informing your teaching and keeping your passion alive.
The 300-hour TT program features modules on yoga philosophy, history and lifestyle; yoga anatomy; smart and creative sequencing, verbal cues, modifications; chakras and energetics; pranayama; functional movement; teaching methodology; ethics of teaching yoga; meditation; hands on assists; teaching workshops and private yoga lessons; and building your yoga business and more. Students will be paired with a faculty member who will provide supervision and mentorship throughout the program.
This program includes the following modules:
- Yin Yoga
- Yoga & Ayurveda
- Yoga Nidra
- Meridian Yoga
- Chair Yoga
- Yoga Anatomy
- Functional Movement
- The History + Philosophy of Yoga
- Yoga Ethics
Students are required to maintain their own practice by attending weekly classes as it is our believe that it is vital to keep up your own yoga practice as this directly informs your teaching and helps to keep your passion alive.
A 200-hour TT yoga certification is a pre-requisite for 300-hour TT yoga certification. Upon completion of Wonder Yoga’s program, you will be certified at the 500-hour level with Yoga Alliance. You will grow, be challenged and supported to find your voice, and lead with your most authentic self.
Required Reading List**:
- Teaching People Not Poses by Jay Fields
- The Art & Business of Teaching Yoga by Amy Ippoliti
- Yoga Adjustments by Mark Stephens
- Yoga Sequencing by Mark Stephens
- Eastern Mind, Western Body by Anodea Judith
**Books are not included in the tuition cost.
Wonder Yoga’s 300-hour TT program runs from October 2023 through August 2024. This program includes a weekly lunch bunch meeting that will be live streamed and recorded as well as weekly shadowing of our Foundations and Community Classes. It includes one Saturday session and one Sunday session monthly. Generally, weekend sessions will not occur over the same weekend. Supervision will be scheduled with your staff advisor throughout the program. All other sessions will take place at Wonder Yoga at 1305 Massachusetts Avenue in Arlington, MA.