Wonder Yoga’s 2023 200-Hour Teacher Training program is appropriate for yogis wanting to deepen their practice, grow and develop as a person, and become certified to teach. Those wanting to deepen their knowledge and scope of yoga in a group of like-minded yogis are welcome; becoming a yoga teacher is not a prerequisite for this program. The 200-hour TT program runs from October 2023 through June of 2024. Training includes a weekly lunch bunch meeting that will be live streamed and recorded as well as weekly shadowing of our Foundations Class. It also includes one Saturday session and one Sunday session monthly. Generally, a weekend session will not occur over the same weekend. All other sessions take place at Wonder Yoga at 1305 Massachusetts Avenue in Arlington, MA. Prerecorded materials are also included.
Our 200-hour TT program is certified by Yoga Alliance and comprises 180 contact hours and 30 hours of homework. Below are unique features to this program:
- In order to create a personalized experience for students, the incoming class of yogis is limited to ten students.
- You’ll have opportunities to shadow a weekly class, teach community classes, and assist classes at our studio throughout the year.
- Students will be encouraged to maintain a regular yoga practice by attending a minimum of 2 classes per week as it is our believe that it is vital to keep up your own yoga practice while taking the teacher training and also afterwards if you’re teaching yoga.
- Practicing yoga is essential for informing your teaching and keeping your passion alive.
Wonder Yoga’s program features modules on yoga philosophy, history, and lifestyle; yoga anatomy; sequencing, verbal cues, modifications; chakras and energetics; pranayama; functional movement; teaching methodology; prenatal yoga, vinyasa, Hatha, gentle, restorative and power yoga; ethics of teaching yoga; meditation; teaching workshops and private yoga lessons; building your yoga business; and more.
Upon completion of the 200-hour TT program, you will have an excellent yoga foundation and be certified to teach yoga in any of the following settings: gyms, studios, churches, corporations, private homes, clinics, etc. You will have a foundation of theory as well as plenty of hands-on experience. Personally, you will grow in your own practice and as a teacher, be challenged and supported to find your voice and lead with your best, most authentic self.
In order to create a personalized experience for students, spaces are limited.
Required Reading List**:
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: A Collection of Translations by Popsi Narasimham
- Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
- Wheels of Life: A User’s Guide to the Chakra System by Anodea Judith
- Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship by Donna Farhi
**Books are not included in the tuition cost.
Wonder Yoga’s 200-hour TT program runs from October 2023 through June 2024. This program includes a weekly lunch bunch meeting that will be live streamed and recorded as well as weekly shadowing of our Foundations and Community Classes. It includes one Saturday session and one Sunday session monthly. Generally, weekend sessions will not occur over the same weekend. Supervision will be scheduled with your staff advisor throughout the program. All other sessions will take place at Wonder Yoga at 1305 Massachusetts Avenue in Arlington, MA.